In Los Angeles, it never snows. (I’m told there was a little back in 1987, but I wasn’t here to see it — that’s close enough to “never,” I think!) So please bear with me when I talk about winter outfits, I don’t really mean the arctic kind of winter that hits other places sometimes, but the chilly days where we all need to dress a little warm, no matter where we live.
We are talking about wearing neutrals in Winter, and I personally like to wear neutrals in Winter, and here is how I like to do it:
1. The Los Angeles area is very dry almost always, including winter, and snow boots and rain boots are not really necessary or suitable most of the time. So I choose pumps or booties. And because our subject is neutrals today, let’s think nude pumps or nude /beige booties.
2. A white /cream/beige turtlenecks are a must-have for style your neutral outfits.
3. Neutral coats are very elegant and classic if you style them well. Long or short, it all depends on the way you wear them. This year, besides trying to get a coat style with an attached belt, you could also add a belt on your coat like one of my favorite blogger Rosie The Londoner. . . (I think I am going to style my own take on this look soon, I like it so much — imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery!)
4. A pair of white jeans are good all season long, trust me! They are a most worthwhile investment piece if you don’t already own a pair. I recently just bought these and these, I can’t decide which pair to keep, yet…
5. Add some fun accessories! If you have grown tired of berets this winter, try something new. For me, this driver’s cap added so much freshness in my closet, and I like it that it can be worn up or down.
Shop My Outfit:
J.Crew Coat // TopShop Sweater // Celine Sunglasses // Christian Louboutin Actina 85 leather slingback pumps // Driver Cap // Chanel Beige Jumbo Bag // White Jeans (old, similar here and here) // Pearl Dropped Earrings(old, Similar here)